How to access SDS in East Lothian

What we can do when applying for SDSYou must be eligible for social care support to receive Self-Directed Support. You need to ask East Lothian Council social work department to carry out an assessment of your needs.

Part of this will look at whether you can afford to pay for services yourself.

You can only access free help if your needs are ‘critical’ or ‘substantial’. What this means can be seen hereĀ East Lothian Council eligibility checklist.
If you get in touch with us, we can advise you of what to do, or visit East Lothian Council’s website here.